All prices and arrangements are subject to change without notice. Cancellations must be received in writing by the dates indicated. HUB SPORTS BOSTON reserves the right to remove intoxicated or disorderly persons from any portion of a game or tournament without refund of money. Drinking is not permitted at any sports event. Please see Refunds section below for more details on the refund policy.
Participants must be 18 or older.
Players must sign a player waiver form before participating in any sports league or Tournament
Participation with HUB SPORTS BOSTON® and use of the website is voluntary, and with the mandatory understanding of our waiver that is applicable to all softball leagues and Tournaments. Refer to the following:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the HUB Softball LLC athletics/sports program whether involving team or individual sports and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis or death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
- The risk to have direct or indirect contact with individuals who have been exposed to and/or diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies, and/or any mutation or variation thereof, does exist and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could become infected through contact with or close proximity to an individual with a communicable disease;
- COVID-19: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. It is believed that an individual can be infected with COVID-19 without their knowledge and be asymptomatic. HUB Softball LLC cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19, including my spouse, guests, unborn child, or relatives. Participation in a HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity, could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I ACKNOWLEDGE the contagious nature of COVID-19 and VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in a HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, guests, unborn child, or relatives. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at a HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself or others, including, but not limited to, HUB Softball LLC employees, volunteers, and program participants. I UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL the foregoing risks related to COVID-19 and accept sole responsibility for any injury or illness that may occur. Further, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of HUB Softball LLC, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity;
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE HUB Softball LLC its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, directors, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event (collectively, the “Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
- Photo Release: I understand that there may be photos & videos taken while participating or being in close proximity to HUB Softball LLC events. HUB Softball LLC have my permission to use these photos on their Facebook, website, social media sites, and other materials they feel necessary. I understand I can contact the company in writing if I would like a photo of myself removed within a reasonable amount of lead-time.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
COVID 19 REFUND POLICY
Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the current crisis, our refund policy has changed regarding COVID-19 or other government forced closures or interruptions in play.
If we are forced to return to a stay-at-home or non-essential business order at any point, we will place your league on pause until the order is lifted and then we will resume play. If we are unable to resume play within a reasonable amount of time you will be issued a credit of 100% of your unplayed regular-season games. There will be no credit issued for unplayed playoffs. The credit will be a “forever” credit to be used when you wish.
The following is an outline of company policy for all HUB SPORTS BOSTON Leagues and Tournaments. HUB Leagues and Tournaments will operate with a minimum of four (4) teams per league or Tournament and is then considered live. Space is first-come, first-serve, and dependent upon field availability each season. Decisions to determine how many teams and players can be accepted are based on registrations.
All registration fees are non-refundable. Registering for a team is a commitment to participate in the full season.
In some cases, we may need to delay the start of the league. This may be due to teams needing more time to complete their rosters, playing facilities having schedule conflicts, and myriad other reasons. We reserve the right to delay league starts and will incorporate all planned games into the revised schedule to the best of our ability. Delayed season starts are not grounds for a refund.
Players’ or teams’ decision not to participate in a league they have registered for is not grounds for a refund. If players or teams choose not to participate after they have registered and before the season starts, they may request a credit to use towards a future league. All requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
In the case of excessive canceled games due to weather, or any other circumstances causing a reduction in the number of games played, there will be no refund or credit for games not played. HUB Sports Boston reserves the right to host games on days other than a normal day of regular season play, and at alternate times and locations from those originally designated if necessary. No refunds shall be provided under these circumstances. Should a league be canceled entirely, players always have the option to transfer to another league or hold a credit to be used for a future season.
Refunds will only be processed in the event that HUB Sports Boston staff has to cancel a league or activity, and no alternate leagues for that sport are available. If an unforeseen circumstance should occur and we have to cancel a league, we will offer options, including a refund, to anyone directly affected by the cancellation. Refunds are processed on the last day of the month in which a player requests a refund. All refunds must be requested in writing and will incur a $3.95 processing fee