All prices and arrangements are subject to change without notice. Cancellations must be received in writing by the dates indicated. HUB SPORTS BOSTON reserves the right to remove intoxicated or disorderly persons from any portion of a game or tournament without a refund of money. Drinking is not permitted at any sports event. Please see the refunds section below for more details on the refund policy.
Participants must be 18 or older.
Players must sign a player waiver form before participating in any sports league or tournament.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Offensive or confrontational language is illegal. Officials have the right to determine offensive language. If offensive or confrontational language occurs, the referee will give one warning. If it continues, the player or players will be ejected from the game.
Any player involved in fighting will be immediately ejected from the game and subject to further suspension at the discretion of the league. Games may be “double-forfeited” due to fights. Teams instigating fights will be expelled from the league. League fees will not be refunded for team expulsion due to fighting. Zero tolerance for any verbal or physical abuse by any player or fan towards any HUB official (referee, Field Manager, owner, etc). Violation of this rule could result in an automatic ejection for the game and will be subject to further discipline by HUB management. Zero tolerance for any player who verbally or physically accosts another player. Violation of this rule could result in an automatic ejection for the game and will be subject to further discipline by HUB management.
Participation with HUB SPORTS BOSTON® and use of the website is voluntary, and with the mandatory understanding of our waiver that is applicable to all softball leagues and tournaments. Refer to the following:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the HUB Softball LLC athletics/sports program whether involving team or individual sports and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis or death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE HUB Softball LLC its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, directors, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event (collectively, the “Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
- Photo Release: I understand that there may be photos & videos taken while participating or being in close proximity to HUB Softball LLC events. HUB Softball LLC have my permission to use these photos on their Facebook, website, social media sites, and other materials they feel necessary. I understand I can contact the company in writing if I would like a photo of myself removed within a reasonable amount of lead-time.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
If you are having trouble filling your roster for any of your upcoming games you can attempt to get replacement players via our HUB SUBS Facebook group [click here]. You can also contact our office at 617.863.8300 and we can try and find a fill-in for you. If you are unable to find replacements and therefore unable to field a team please notify the league by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the league deadline of 2 pm for a weekday game and 5 pm on Friday for a Sunday game We will inform your opponent and credit them with a forfeit win. We will also inform the umpire/referee. Below is our forfeit policy. Forfeits also affect playoff seeding and eligibility. A forfeit automatically seeds a team lower in a tie-breaker scenario and two forfeits (other than a doubleheader) make a team ineligible for the playoffs. Three forfeits and a team is removed from the league.
Forfeits – All teams are required to notify the league if they are unable to field a team as far in advance as possible. No later than 2 pm the day of a weeknight game. No later than Friday by 5 pm for a Sunday game. If a team contacts the office after the set deadlines the game will be forfeited and the forfeiting team will be required to pay both teams’ officials’ fees. If a team fails to show up for a game without contacting the league office the game will be forfeited and the forfeiting team will be required to pay both teams’ officials’ fees and a $50 penalty. If a team shows up with fewer than 7 players and cannot field a team the game will be forfeited and the forfeiting team will be required to pay both teams’ officials’ fees. A 3rd forfeit and the team will be removed from the league.
Forfeit and penalty fees must be paid to the league prior to the team’s next scheduled game. Failure to pay the forfeit and/or penalty fee will result in expulsion from the league.
Standard Refund Policy
The following is an outline of company policy for all HUB SPORTS BOSTON Leagues and Tournaments. HUB Leagues and Tournaments will operate with a minimum of four (4) teams per league or Tournament and is then considered live. Space is first-come, first-serve, and dependent upon field availability each season. Decisions to determine how many teams and players can be accepted are based on registrations.
All registration fees are non-refundable. Registering for a team is a commitment to participate in the full season.
League rosters have limited space and last-minute player cancellations hinder our ability to properly plan and organize our seasons.
A player’s or team’s decision not to participate in a league they have registered for is not grounds for a refund.
- If players or team chooses not to participate, we will issue a full site credit if we are notified of a player or team’s decision not to participate up to 10 days prior to the registration deadline date.
- If notification is within 10 days of the registration deadline – Partial credit will be issued on a case by case basis
- No credit will be issued once the league start date has been reached.
All site credits are forever credits and will be ready to use when you are ready to sign up again. Also, credits can be transferred to other Hub Sports members in the case you aren’t able to use it.
In some cases, we may need to delay the start of the league. This may be due to teams needing more time to complete their rosters, playing facilities having schedule conflicts, and myriad other reasons. We reserve the right to delay league starts and will incorporate all planned games into the revised schedule to the best of our ability. Delayed season starts are not grounds for a refund.
Players’ or teams’ decision not to participate in a league they have registered for is not grounds for a refund. If players or teams choose not to participate after they have registered and before the season starts, they may request a credit to use towards a future league. All requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com
In the case of excessive canceled games due to weather, or any other circumstances causing a reduction in the number of games played, there will be no refund or credit for games not played. HUB Sports Boston reserves the right to host games on days other than a normal day of regular season play, and at alternate times and locations from those originally designated if necessary. No refunds shall be provided under these circumstances. Should a league be canceled entirely, players always have the option to transfer to another league or hold a credit to be used for a future season.
Refunds will only be processed in the event that HUB Sports Boston staff has to cancel a league or activity, and no alternate leagues for that sport are available. If an unforeseen circumstance should occur and we have to cancel a league, we will offer options, including a refund, to anyone directly affected by the cancellation. Refunds are processed on the last day of the month in which a player requests a refund. All refunds must be requested in writing and will incur a $3.95 processing fee