- You will be allowed three (3) 30-second time-outs per game.
- Each game will consist of two (2) 20-minute running halves. TOURNAMENTS PLAY 10 MINUTE HALVES.
- Halftime will be 2 minutes, sharp. 1 minute for tournaments.
- The clock will run on all infractions, including fouls, in the first half. In the second half, the clock will adopt NBA rules only if the score is a 10-point difference (or less) in the last two (2) minutes of the game.
- Standard foul shot rules apply. 1-and-1 for 7th– 9th team foul and 2 shots for 10th.
- There will be two (2) shots awarded on a technical foul.
- Players must check-in and out at the official’s score table.
- Overtime will last one (1) minute with the clock stopping on all infractions (NBA clock rules). During overtime, if one team takes the lead by at least 6 points the game is over.
- For coed leagues – 1 female is required on the court at all times. Teams must play short if they do not have a female on the court.
TEAM RULES FOR 5 V 5:
- If a team has only 4 players, the opposing team has the choice of playing 4 on 4 or 5 on 4. A fifth player may enter the game upon arrival to the facility.
- A team with less than 4 players ready for play at the scheduled time will forfeit the game. A 2-minute grace period will be allowed for players running late. If a forfeit takes place at the court, that team is still responsible for their referee fee and the opposing team’s referee fee.
- All teams must wear their HUB Sports Boston numbered jerseys every game.
TEAM RULES FOR 4 V 4:
- If a team has only 3 players, the opposing team has the choice of playing 3 on 3 or 4 on 3. A forth player may enter the game upon arrival to the facility.
- A team with less than 3 players ready for play at the scheduled time will forfeit the game. A 2-minute grace period will be allowed for players running late. If a forfeit takes place at the court, that team is still responsible for their referee fee and the opposing team’s referee fee.
- A written, legible line-up must be given to the official scorer 2 minutes prior to game time.
- All teams must wear their HUB Sports Boston numbered jerseys every game.
- Teams assume responsibility for the school facilities being used.
- Please change into your basketball shoes after entering the building. No outdoor shoes or boots are allowed anywhere near the court.
- Please pick up all trash, including water bottles, and properly dispose of it.
- Anyone responsible for vandalizing any part of a facility or its equipment will be removed from the league without a refund.
- All teams are required to notify the HUB Sports Boston office as soon as possible if they are unable to form a full team (4 or more) for any regular season or playoff game. It must be no later than 2 pm the day of a weeknight game and no later than Friday at 5 pm for a Sunday game. If you need to forfeit your game you must email the league at email@example.com use this email ONLY. As long as you contact us before the deadlines, you will not be charged a fee. However, even one forfeit could affect your seeding in the playoffs.
- If a team contacts the office after the set deadlines but more than 2 hours before game time, the game will be forfeited, and the forfeiting team will be required to pay a $50 fee. Within 2 hours of game time will require payment of their referee fee, and their opponent’s referee fee before their next game. No exceptions.
- If a team fails to show up for a game without contacting the league office, the game will be forfeited, and the forfeiting team will be required to pay their referee fee, their opponent’s referee fee, and an additional $50 fee before their next game. No exceptions.
- If a team shows up with less than the minimum number of required players based on format, the game will be forfeited, and the forfeiting team will be required to pay both teams’ referee fees. No additional fee will be applied. A scrimmage can then take place if both teams want to.
- A second regular-season forfeit will make your team ineligible for the playoffs. A third regular-season forfeit will result in your immediate removal from the league.
- Forfeit/penalty fees must be paid to the league prior to the team’s next scheduled game. Failure to pay the forfeit and/or penalty fee will result in removal from the league.
- Any player who has two (2) technical fouls called on them in one (1) game, or is ejected from a game for unsportsmanlike conduct, will be automatically ejected from the gym immediately for that night. The player will also automatically draw a one (1) game suspension. If the foul is flagrant enough to cause intentional bodily harm, the player will be removed from the league.
- Individual technical fouls will be carried over from game to game. Any player receiving two (2) technical fouls in one game or three (3) technical fouls in a season will be suspended for two (2) games.
- If an ejected player refuses to leave or re-enters the gym on that same night, the team he or she plays for will automatically forfeit their game. In the event such action does occur, that individual is automatically removed from the league.
FOULS & VIOLATIONS:
- Referees will be using current Massachusetts High School rules; any rules not specifically covered in these rules will revert to those rules. Examples are backcourt violations; 3, 5 & 10 seconds. When lined up for foul
shots, player lined up can break when the shooter releases the ball, shooter and those behind the arc must
wait for the ball to hit the rim)
- Players foul out on their 5th personal foul.
- Offensive player control fouls only result in a turnover.
- 3-second violation is in effect.
- If fouled before the buzzer goes off, but the buzzer goes off before the ball can be put back into play, the fouled
player will receive foul shots.
- Teams can only sub on dead balls.
TEAM ROSTERS (GENERAL INFORMATION)
- All teams are required to sign the HUB Sports player waiver. Players must have a completed player waiver form on file by the third game of the regular season to be eligible to play in the playoffsThis is completed by sending roster invitations to the email addresses of those you wish to play on your team (see instructions below on how to add players to your roster).
- This will act as your public team roster. Only players on this roster who have played in at least (3) of their team’s regular games are eligible to play in the playoffs
- All players must be over the age of 18.
- Each team is allowed up to *twice the number of players needed to field a full team for the sport of which your team participates
- Players cannot be rostered on two teams in the same league at once.
- Guest (Substitute) players will be allowed during the regular season only.
- There will be NO guest (substitute) players for any postseason games
- Only rostered team members are eligible to play in the playoffs
PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY / POSTSEASON ROSTER PROTEST
- Only those players listed under your team’s roster are eligible to participate in the postseason.
- Rosters are considered “frozen” after the third week of the regular season
- Players can only be added to a team’s roster after this point permission/clearance from a Hub Sports management staff member
- A player must have played in at least (3) regular-season games to be eligible for the postseason.
POSTSEASON ROSTER PROTEST (i.e. challenging a team’s roster during the playoffs)
- The opposing captain may challenge a playoff roster by notifying the official at the field
- The official will then stop the game and call the HUB office with the name of the challenged player
- If the challenged player is found not to be on the team roster the player will be removed from the game
- If the removed player causes a team to have too few players to field a team the game will be forfeited and the team that challenged will be awarded the victory
- A roster challenge must occur at the beginning of the game.
- Roster challenges occurring after the game is over will not be heard