In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the HUB Softball LLC athletics/sports program whether involving team or individual sports and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis or death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have direct or indirect contact with individuals who have been exposed to and/or diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies, and/or any mutation or variation thereof, does exist and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could become infected through contact with or close proximity to an individual with a communicable disease;
3. COVID-19: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. It is believed that an individual can be infected with COVID-19 without their knowledge and be asymptomatic. HUB Softball LLC cannot guarantee that I or anyone else will not become infected with COVID-19, including my spouse, guests, unborn child, or relatives. Participation in a HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity, could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I ACKNOWLEDGE the contagious nature of COVID-19 and VOLUNTARILY ASSUME THE RISK that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in a HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself, my spouse, guests, unborn child, or relatives. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at a HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself or others, including, but not limited to, HUB Softball LLC employees, volunteers, and program participants. I UNDERSTAND AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL the foregoing risks related to COVID-19 and accept sole responsibility for any injury or illness that may occur. Further, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of HUB Softball LLC, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any HUB Softball LLC athletic sports program(s), related event, or activity;
4. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
5. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual, significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such hazard to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
6. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE HUB Softball LLC its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, directors, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event (collectively, the “Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
7. Photo Release: I understand that there may be photos & videos taken while participating or being in close proximity to HUB Softball LLC events. HUB Softball LLC have my permission to use these photos on their Facebook, website, social media sites, and other materials they feel necessary. I understand I can contact the company in writing if I would like a photo of myself removed within a reasonable amount of lead-time.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.